First some finished items.
This is a washcloth knit as part of a present for my mum. It only took a few hours, and I really like the pattern, which is very similar to the embossed leaves sock pattern.
Next is the U Necked Vest from Fitted Knits. This is the first item I've knitted from this book. I knit it in Matchmaker Merino DK knitting and had to change the size I knitted to make up for the fact that the pattern is for an aran weight. I like that the substitution worked well and it fits me, but I am not sure about the way it looks on me. From the side it looks fine, from the front I feel I look very boxy, and I think I'd have liked the straps to be a bit narrower. But overall fairly successful.
This Rusted Root from Zephyrstyle is a pattern I've liked for a long time. I found some Rowan wool cotton on sale this week, and this took just over 5 balls. This was knitted using Denise Interchangable needles I got for christmas, and I've been really pleased knitting with them so far. I really like how this has turned out. The sleeves really don't puff out on me like they do on the pattern notes, but I have wide shoulders and I'm not very surprised, and I like the way they have worked out.
Another Zephyrstyle pattern, this is Juliet. I was inspired by the Sexy Knitters Knitalong, and some lovely examples of this on Ravelry. It is knit out of Jaeger Merino Chunky. I love the colour, and knitting in chunky was so quick. I think it looks good on the duck tape dress form, but not convinced on me. I'm reserving judgement until I've got some nice buttons.