Thursday, May 3, 2007

Finished objects

I had a busy weekend with both sewing and knitting featuring. I thought i'd finished Wicked, but some small mistakes i made and thought wouldn't be noticable, are noticable, and annoying. I am also not convinced about the sizing, and am wishing i hadn't added the extra increases before dividing the sleeves off. I also wish I had knitted the sleeves a little longer, say nearer elbow length. I also managed to miss the fact that the pocket edgeing is moss stitch, and mine is single ribbing! All in all I think I would be happier if I frogged this a lot, and sorted it out. The thought of undoing all that knitting is a bit daunting, so this has gone nowhere fast for the last few days.

Some happier finished, or nearly finished objects follow.
Pattern: Arisaig from Knitty

Modifications: I knitted the rib with the same size needles as the rest, I added rib at the bottom of the arms, I added an extra inch of ribbing to the body (and it is still very short, especially considering i have a short body to start with)

Yarn: Sirdar Countrystyle 4-ply.

I only used 262g of the 450g of wool specified and have almost 2.5 of the 5 balls i bought left over. I wish i'd bought less of a nicer yarn with a higher wool content and a nicer drape, but I love this colour. I knitted the 36 inch chest size, and the arm and sleeve geometry worked fine as written, despite me worrying a fair amount that it wouldn't, and mesuring half the jumpers I own to check dimensions!




I've finished (almost, just the grafting of the toe to do) a Monkey sock. I really like this pattern, and I'm looking forward to being able to wear the finished pair.

And I finally made myself a little bag for carrying round a small knitting project. Made mostly from a pair of cords I loved but had got too faded at the edges to wear any more. Lined and with a small internal pocket, this is just big enough for a ball of wool, needles and a pattern. This has been planned for a while and I'm so glad I finally made it! It was also a good reason for a play with my new sewing machine, which was great.

No comments: