Thursday, June 28, 2007

Forest Canopy Shawl - Finished

I really enjoyed knitting this pattern. It seemed quick, and it looked so pretty in all the other examples I've seen. I love the colour too.

As others have said, it doesn't look much before blocking...But much better after...

I love the detail of the lace, which looks much harder than it actually was.
I use one ball of Collinette Jitterbug sock yarn, colour Jay. I added an extra repeat or two, and had to leave out 2 lines of the edging, after realising i didn't quite have enough yarn to cast off the first time i tried it. After frogging, and re-knitting, I had less than 2g of yarn left....

I do think it would be nicer ever so slightly bigger, and I'm wondering if i could block it a bit harder. It already didn't quite fit on my dining room table, so I'll have to find somewhere else if i do decide to do this. I'll have to see if i can get an action shot sometime.

No comments: