Monday, March 12, 2007

Knitting

I have meant to start this for some time now. I have been bitten by the knitting bug. I have lots of patterns I would like to knit, and I find myself already forgetting what they are and rediscovering them sometime later. There are lots of blogs I enjoy reading which feature as favourites on both my home and work computers and obscure other useful stuff I should use more often.
And, I've finally taken some photos so I can record what I am knitting, and not forget what I've learnt, what patterns I liked, where they cam from, what wool I liked working with, etc...... So, to start here are some finished objects from the last 3 months or so...

Pattern: Fetching from Knitty
Yarn: Rowan Calmer

Pattern: Hedera from Knitty
Yarn: Rowan Cotton
My first ever socks. These were knitted before I discovered sock yarn with an elsatic component in it, hence they are a bit baggy. But I like the pattern, and the colour. I may have to knit these again in another yarn.


Pattern:RPM from Knitty
Yarn: Cherry Tree Hills sock Yarn
First socks I tried knitting toe up, which was brilliant. I almost had enough wool for knee high socks from the 100g hank, but not quite!

Pattern: A mixture of the bits I liked from a few different patterns
Yarn: Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran
Pattern: Shedir from Knitty
Yarn: Rowan Calmer
I love the way the top of this hat works. The yarn makes it lovely and springy. A possiility for christmas gifts later this year.

1 comment:

gilraen said...

You sent me an pm via Angel forums? I was banned from the forum because I visited an other forum and the moderators didn't like me doing that. Ask me anything through my blog, I'm only too happy to help :)