Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Alphabet Blanket and knitting bag

I think I will have to accept that I am rubbish at posting in this blog consistently. Whilst I haven't been blogging, I have been knitting, and sewing, and DIY has been getting in the way.


Pattern: Debbie Bliss Alphabet Blanket
Yarn: Wendy Peter Pan Double Knitting, White
Needles: Can't remember!?

I had admired versions of this blanket for a while, and now one of my good friends is pregnant it seemed a very good excuse to knit this. Completed in less than 14 days, it is another knitted item that i knit slightly obsessively on. I also made annoying mistakes that meant approximately 30% of this blanket was knit twice. The edging, though pretty, was incredibly annoying to knit, and I eventually resorted to learning to knit backward in order to stop turning the blanket repeatedly.

The knitting bag came about partly as it seemed so wrong to be carrying a lovely half knitted blanket in a grotty plastic carrier bag. Unfortunately, but unsurprisingly, the blanket was finished the day after the bag was, but the bag has still been very useful for storing books, needles and other WIPs and looks a lot better than the selection of knitting paraphenalia which had previously sprawled accross my coffee table.





No comments: