Friday, December 7, 2007

Back to School U Neck Vest

Hoping to get a good photo soon


Pattern: Back to School U Neck Vest from Fitted Knits

Yarn: Matchmaker merino DK, Jaeger

Needles:



Although I am pleased that this has finished, and that it fits well despite me subbing the yarn for double knitting, and so knitting the largest size whilst having to adjust some things along the way. However, I can't quite decide my feelings about this one for a few reasons....



1. I think I am still upset with this wool since it didn't look good when it was a "Wicked" , before the great frogging event of 2007. That sounded daft in my head and is no less daft now I've written it down.

2. Although the 2x2 ribbing sounded like a good vertical stripey effect which might not highlight my stomach, the fact that there are such prominent horizontal features in this vest do not look like a good idea in hindsight.

3. I love the pictures in the FItted Knits Book, and this is the first item I have knitted from the book. I really want to like it!

4. A vest would be a good thing to wear to our over-air-conditioned office. Though fingerless gloves might be the stage I have got to.

No comments: