Sunday, December 9, 2007

Shopping

This weekend I have mostly been shopping. Not the christmas shopping I should be doing. I lasted two hours of pouring rain, queueing car parks, crowded shops and lack of idea for what to actually buy, before giving up on Saturday morning. I have finally made some decisions on what yarn to buy for a queue of knitting projects I have been wanting to start. Part of the reason for posting here is to document my decisions, before I forget them, and lose track of all the internet orders.

1. Yaeger Merino Chunky in Red Ink from Cucumber Patch to knit a Juliet
2. Debbie Bliss merino silk DK from Janette's Rare Yarns, because I love the colour and the yarn felt nice in the shop! I'm not entirely decided what to make, one possibility is Roam from Knitty, and another is the Hourglass Sweater from Last Minute Knitted Gifts, but I am also wondering if I can modify the Gathered Pullover from Interweave Knits to work with double knitting. Needless to say the yarn was too good a price not to buy, and I loved the colour!
3. I have bought one ball of Aran in Blue John from Lanarkshire wool mill, and one of their shade cards. I am seriously considering this to knit the Tilted Duster from Interweave Knits but I would like to see what the wool is like first.

With the miserable weather this weekend, I plan to carry on shopping a little. I currently have no ongoing knitting projects, an almost empty credit card, an upcoming Christmas break and unlimited access to Ravelry, it's a dangerous combination.

No comments: