Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Slip Up Socks

Ooops, B is back from sea, my dad is not so well and scheduled for more surgery, so real life has got in the way of things lately. I can't believe how long it has taken me to post here.

I have been knitting, not a lot to show for it though.
I finished these socks a couple of weeks ago and just managed to get me, my camera, the lead for the camera, and the computer in the same place at the same time I liked the pattern a lot, though I did modify it a little to knit toe up with a short row heel, and i love the colour of the yarn. It's trekking xxl, colour 128.

The short row heels weren't quite right as i didn't have my usual instructions with me. They have a row of holes along them, which i am trying to consider a decorative feature.

These took less than a week, and most of the knitting was done whilst travelling to and from a band weekend in France, so i had lots of spectators. I had intended the stripes not to match, but actually they are very close to matching, but they don't quite, which is more annoying to me than if they had been very different, but i guess noone else will ever notice!I have just over a 1/3rd of the wool left, and I'm wondering if I have enough for some trainer sock types socks...
I did start knitting a bayerische sock, but i didn't have the right size needles, and it is far too big for my foot and needs frogging. It just seems a shame when all the cabling was going so well, and looking okay.




No comments: