Monday, October 29, 2007

BF's SIsters Christmas Socks

Pattern: This pattern was based on this pattern for Brigit socks, with the cable changed substantially. The ribbing, heels and toes were unchanged.
Yarn: Regia sock yarn hand dyed with acid dyes
Needles: 2.5mm
Time taken: 6 days, interupted by knitting a quick hat!
Finished, just in time to cosy up in front of the fire now the clocks have changed and the dark nights are drawing in.... Excedpt these aren't knitted for me. These were probably my quickest socks so far, mostly wide ribbing with a 6 stitch cable every 10 rows. I wanted to knit these without the recipient having to try them on, so a stretchy ribbed pattern seemed a good idea. They are a little large on my size 5 feet so hopefully will be okay for size 8 feet. I am pleasantly surprised how the hand dyed wool turned out, and looking forward to playing with sock yarn and dye again.
These are currently blocking on my new cardboard sock blockers, so there may be more photos to follow.

No comments: