Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Tilted Duster?

I really like this pattern, and I have bought a copy of the pattern. There are some lovely examples of finished sweaters already. There is even a knitalong here.

I am having trouble deciding which yarn to use. The pattern uses Berrocco Peruvian in the colour Purpura. I quite like the colour, but I also like several of the others. But I'm not sure how easy it will be to get, and there are some reports of it not washing or wearing too well.

The guage called for is 17sts and 21 rows to 4" in stocking stitch. Apparently I'll need 700g, or 7 balls of 174 yd each.

This Peruvian Highland Wool is about the right guage and it looks like I could order it direct from the site, but I would pay about $43 in postage and packing, which makes this no cheaper than buying yarn here.

This Tess Dawson Merino Aran from Angel Yarns looks nice, but I'm not sure about any of the colours. The black or brown might be nice, but I think I'd really like something bluer or red.

I do like any of the Rowan tweed yarns, but the price is not good. However, I have just seen this Rowan pure wool aran, which looks like a possibility.

I love this reddish tweedy colour yarn, but the rowan yarn is no longer available, and I haven't managed to find anything similar at a decent price.

I also like this version in Plymouth Encore Worsted

No comments: