Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Wicked

I still have no decent photos of Arisaig. There are no good reasons, but a lack of photography skills mean the photos I have tried so far were awful. One day when the sun is shining and I don't feel too stupid to try and take some timer photos in my garden, I will definately try and get some better ones.
Meanwhile, I started knitting on Wicked on Saturday, after the lovely people at John Lewis let me swap the 30cm circular needle I had mistakenly bought for the purpose on Thursday. The new 80cm needle is a much better idea! I wasted time on Saturday evening worrying about how the increases looked. After studying a book I've borrowed off my mum I decided they could look much better if i just paid more attention, and also used small bits of wool instead of the stitch markers, which just seemed to be getting in the way. I frogged back to the ribbing and it is now looking absolutely fine.

I love how quick this is knitting, i loved being able to try it on this morning to check there were enough increases to fit round me and my arms comfortably (I have added a couple of extra increases) and I love knitting something in wool thicker than 4 ply!

A hurried progress photo as of Monday morning is below, although I have knitted a lot since then and am now just past where the sleeves split from the body.


This wasn't the only knitting of the weekend. I did start on some socks in Trekking XXL. I had intended ot knit Monkey socks from Knitty, but I hadn't realised the yarn was stripey. I frogged and start the Jaywalkers pattern instead, but I'm not sure I like these. I love the heel construction, my first time knitting a heel flap, but I'm not sure I like the patterned yarn. I'm still undecided what to do about these.


No comments: